WOMEN'S DAY!

Women's Day...


"Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood."  Susan B. Anthony, 1820-1906, abolitionist and leader of the American women's sufferage movement.  

 

 

"Dejenme decirles lo que pienso sobre la bicicleta. Pienso que ha hecho mas para emancipar a la mujer que cualquier otra cosa de este mundo. Le da a la mujer un sentimiento de libertad y de auto-dependencia. Me levanto y gozo cada vez que veo a una mujer andar en bicicleta...es la foto de la Mujer libre y emancipada." Susan B. Anthony, 1820-1906, abolicionista y lider del movimiento americano por la mujer.

we have come a long way, but the road is steep, if a bicycle could do that for us then, imagine what we can accomplish now!

To my Grandmothers both gorgeous and elegant, both with their own unique styles. 
Both, bycicle riders and riders of life, riding the roads with all of its ups and downs....
Happy Women's Day!
Ela y Nona, for your examples of Love, Grace and Courage to stand up for yourselves...I thank you!




pinterest-160a7.html

No comments:

Post a Comment