Oh I love Those Shoes! Zapatitos de Cristal!

Those Shoes!!!

Too many NYCFashion week designers were using Manolo Blahnik's shoes for their shows. The hard truth is as much as designers and stylists liked them, the models wished better! It is an incredible art to walk gracefully on the runway, and these girls have mastered it!
Thankfully it only takes them less than a minute to walk the runway up and down. So when you see the models on those shoes and that graceful walk, you wish you wore them....but what you don't know is that most of them waited for the last possible second to put them on.  And, as soon as they came off the runway that is the first thing they wanted to remove.
 This year Manolo's shoes were present in about 80 percent of the shows I was on. And the thing they had in common was the pointy tip, and the hardness of the materials used, with a prevalence of transparent plastic, which looks gorgeous to me, but is a feet killer. So when I found out they were giving Manolo Blahnik a Royal Designers Award @ Palacio Real el Pardo in Madrid today, I wondered...and then I thought again...well deserved Manolo, you are an Artist! I don't think I could wear your shoes though, but see an exhibition of your work @ Museo Nacional del Prado, I would love!
They look beautiful in a drawing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment